Could the severe headache and high cholesterol be a indication for stroke or eye strain?

My son age34 complained a couple of hours back of seeing black dots and a severe headache. He has high cholesterol. He said he needed to lie down and is doing so. Could it be an indication of a stroke or just eye strain? My email is YYYY@YYYY
Thu, 27 Mar 2014
Cardiologist 's  Response
Welcome to Health Care

Headache could be a sign of stroke or eye strain – irrespective of the level of cholesterol
See an Internist / get yourself examined / at times, basic investigation may be necessary...