Could the genital herpes be found in the normal blood test and what are the symptoms?

so im in a bit of a sticky situation. my friend told me yesturday that he had genital herpes and that his girl gave it to him in september of 2011. the thing is i messed with him in august of 2011 but he claims he disnt have the herpes.he says that his girl got it around july 2011 without telling him. and personally im sure they have been having sex but no symtoms were showing on him. i searched up genital herpes none stop since i was worryed about maybe it could have gotten to me some how. but i didnt have sex with my friend we just madeout and he fingered me. but that was in august 2911 and since then i havent felt anything wrong with me, nothing out of the usual, ive also had surgery and been to the doctor several times for general reasons so my thing is ..if i caught something wouldnt the doctors have caught on to it? what are the chances that i might have genital herpes? am i just paranoid? if had blood tests done but not for herpes just check up blood test..wouldnt the doctor have found something? ive had multiple blood test for check up ..if i had something wouldnt it have popped up on the blood test? please answer honestly and asap please im loseibg my mind
Wed, 1 Jul 2015