Could taking dexamethazone 8mg be safe for pulmonary embolism?

my husband is on steroids for about 14 months because of brain edema after brain irradiation due to brain tumor . he was hospitalized due to pulmonary embolism and was taking dexamethazone 8 mg for 6 weeks then moved to prednisolone 40 mg for about 3 weeks ,started to decrease prednisolone by 5 mg every other day,he is tachycardic hypotensive ,skin peeled from feet ,and temporal area above eye brawos . does he need to increase steroid dose again thank u very much
Fri, 20 Jan 2017