Could stomach ache under the ribs, loss of appetite, dark brown discharge be due to being on microgynon?

I have been taking microgynon 30 for almost a month, and the last 2/3 days I have been experiencing uncomfortable stomach ache under my ribs on both sides. I have back ache and am losing my appetite. I m not sure whether the pill is causing this. I also have a slight dark brown discharge from my vagina which smells a bit like menstrual waste.
Thu, 12 Dec 2019

Your symptoms seem to be related to side effects of the Microgynon. Some of the common side effects of Microgynon are:
Abdominal pain
Headache
Breast pain or tenderness
Slight bleeding or spotting between periods in the first few months
Lighter periods or sometimes stopping of periods
These symptoms are normal while using Microgynon, so you should not be worried.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician