Could rashes and itching be a reaction to sutures?

I had a lumpectomy 11 days ago. This was my 2nd lumpectomy re-incision. The surgeon used dissolving sutures and glue. I'm experiencing a red bumpy rash surrounding the incision and my body is itching on my neck, chest and back. My doctor said that it didn't appear to be infected and told me to use Balmex on the rash. The rash is tolerable, but the itching is horrible. I continually take Benadryl. Could this be a reaction to the sutures? If so, what is the treatment?
Mon, 2 Dec 2019

It may be irritant contact dermatitis caused by either suture material or dressing materials. Consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment. I would recommend you to apply mild steroid cream on the affected areas. And take antihistaminic like cetirizine to relieve itching. If needed, take a course of oral steroid in tapering dose.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ilyas Patel, Dermatologist