Could primulot medication lead to mood swings?

I have been taking 15mg of primulot n per day to stop dysfunctional bleeding, Over the past few days I have had severe mood swings, crying for no reason, jumping on things said, over reacting and feeling helpless. Could this be due to this medication?
Thu, 20 May 2021

Out of the side effects of Primolut-N, headache, migraine, fatigue as well as feeling of low energy are some of the known side effects of this drug. Still, symptoms of mood swings, crying for no reason, jumping on things said, over reacting as well as a feeling of helplessness are not the side effects, which may be attributed to Primolut-N intake. Instead, your symptoms seem to be due to depression. Therefore, in my opinion, you should take some anti-depressive drug / drugs under the guidance of your doctor.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Satnarain Bansal, General & Family Physician