Could itching red dots and rashes around waistline be related to shingles?

I have been taking cimzia since early December. I m only 35! I ve been on sulfasalazine and prednisone since August. Well Thursday I developed a rash that circles my waistline. It itches like crazy and feels like a burn. I had a spell today where I lost feeling on my left side from my hip down for a couple minutes. My rheumy sent me to emergency room and they diagnosed shingles. I don t have blisters. Just big patches of red dots. It is no where else on my body. I m so confused. My dx include: rheumatoid arthritis and Raynauds. Any help would be greTly appreciated.
Fri, 16 May 2014

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Shingles usually occurs as a single stripe of blisters, restricted to a limited area on one side of the body and is usually very painful (compared to itchy). If this is the case with you, then you need a physical examination for confirmation.
Hope I have answered your query.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-vasanth/66057

Wish you good health!