Could intake of prednisolone for severe cough cause delay in periods?

I HAD BEEN ON PREDNISOLONE 40 MG FOR 4 DAYS AND TAPERED TO 20 MG IN LAST 3 DAYS FOR SEVER COUGH.DOES IT CAUSE DELAY IN PERIODS?AND ALSO HAVING SEVERE ABDOMINAL PAIN.IAM A HEPATITIS C TREATED PATIENT.PREVIOUSLY IT WAS 28 DAY MENSTRUAL CYCLE LASTING 5 DAYS
Wed, 27 Nov 2019
Diabetologist 's  Response

Prednisolone can cause alteration of menstrual cycles especially when consumed for a long period of time. In your case, the duration of 1 week may not cause much of disturbance to hormone to affect the cycle. I would advise my patient to wait for a week in conditions like this before evaluating further. Prednisolone is a steroid and it should be taken as prescribed by a registered health care profession. Hope you are aware of this.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nishith R. S., Diabetologist