Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Could i be pregnant with bilateral polycystic ovaries ?

i had a ultrasound done an the report stated that my uterus is anteverted , both ovaries shows small follicles in the periphery, the right ovarian is 9.1cc and the left is 10.2cc , no free fluid was found in the pouch of douglas. the impression is bilateral polystic ovaries. i would like to find out if i ll be able to get pregnant and steps needed to do so.i m 29yrs old
Asked On : Fri, 1 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  653
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi Adena
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Yes you ll be able to get pregnant.
Polycystic ovaries are common in women. you must find out if you have only polycystic ovaries or polycystic ovarian syndrome? Though ovarian vol. suggests PCOS. To confirm, you need to get few hormonal tests done, then the further treatment can be decided. The treatment of polycystic ovaries/syndrome depends on many factors like age, if pregnancy is desired at present or not, weight, presence of insulin resistance. To increase your chances of getting pregnant you should loose some weight, your doctor may put you on anti diabetic drug metformin, Clomiphene and letrozole are drugs used for Ovulation induction. Consult a gynecologist who ll guide you to step by step treatment. take care
Answered: Fri, 1 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor