Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Could i be pregnant, if i have thick wall of uterus ?

I have thicken of the wall of my uterus. What does this mean? I am 34 and i ve been trying to get pregnant i m scared.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  734
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thickening of the uterine wall as seen in fibroid and sometimes in adenomyosis needs special care once woman becomes pregnant. Chances of pregnancy are fair and if somebody have problem in conceiving, with newer treatment modalities it is quite possible.

Best wishes,
Answered: Sat, 26 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
there are fair chances of conceiving. It will be advisable to have dashmoola arisht [ a herbal decoction made of ten herbs ] which acts as uterine tonic and also brings back the thick wall of uterus for at least a month 2tsf tds.
Answered: Sat, 26 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
What you have mentioned is called Fibroid of the uterus.Fibroids are benign muscular outgrowths seen in reproductive age women.These are of 3 types-1)Intramural-located deep in the wall of the uterus 2)subserosal-on the outside & 3)submucosal-towards inside of the uterus. The only type that is supposed to have a large impact on reproductive function (unless they are large or numerous) is the submucous type that pushes in to the uterine cavity. Because of their location inside the uterine cavity, submucous fibroids can cause fertility problems and miscarriages.
Let me know what your ultrasound says.

Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor