• question-icon

Could funny head with no headache be a form of migraine in a 83 yr old?

Hi i am writting on behalf of my 83year ols mother, for months she has complaines of funny heads (no headaches) she has a vitamin b12 defficientcy for which she has had injections, today her head is so bad she is finding it impossible to move around and has been sick. could this be a form of migraine
Sat, 24 Aug 2019
Neurologist 's  Response
First of all,she should do CT Brain to exclude a brain lesion,because migraine cannot occur for the first time in the elderly without a reason.Then she should do some routine investigations such as:fasting blood sugar,measuring blood pressure and kidney function tests.A patient who takes vitamin B12 injection should take folic acid 500 microgram with it.Finally,the elderly are more liable to suffer from disturbance in they level of minerals and water in their bodies,resulting in headache and fatigue.So they should avoid hot and humid conditions,eat a balanced diet and drink enough water every day.I hope I answer all your questions.