Could fever in toddler be due to swelling of adenoids?

my three year old child has had fewer three times in the past one year and two times we were told by our doctor that it was due to swelling of ADENOIDS. can you please clarify more. why does this do occur . how to take preventive measures and what should be the diet followoed during such perriod
Fri, 28 Jun 2019
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response

if you want me to answer your question directly if adenoids can cause fever I would say yes because they can be a nidus of infection.

But at the same time, the most common cause of fever in young children is not adenoidal hypertrophy but it is a simple viral illness.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician, Pulmonology