Could caffeine be reacting with lisinopril for high BP?

My name is Martin. I take Lisinopril to control my high blood pressure. I am a new user of this med. Have had no problems other than minor caugh until the other day after having one and a half cups of coffee and a meal. Shortly thereafter I had rapid breathing, felt extreme anxiety, flushed almost dizzy at times while driving. After drinking a lot of water over 2 hour period the adverse reactions stopped. Could the caffeine be reacting with my Lisinopril medication?
Wed, 17 Sep 2014

Lisinopril can produce an allergic cough which is fairly common. It is not known to have adverse interaction with coffee. So it was probably not a drug interaction. Your description of symptoms is more suggestive of a panic attack. If your cough becomes very bothersome you could request your doctor for a change of your blood pressure medicine to another that is not known to produce cough.
I am available to answer further queries if any.
Dr. Noble Zachariah
If you find the answer helpful, please indicate so to guide others with similar query. Thanks