Could PCOD affect pregnancy?

I am of 23years & having scanty flow during my periods since and my ultrasound report shows impression of pcod with normal uterus & ovary sizes with a little increase in male hormones will that create a problem in future will I not be able to conceive. Plz suggest
Fri, 28 Aug 2015
Welcome to healthcaremagic.com. Sorry to read about your diagnosis. PCOD is the most common endocrine disorder in your age group. It is not curable but there are things that can be done to curb the symptoms.
1. Pregnancy and fertility can be helped by using clomiphene and or metformin when you desire to conceive. others may need to have in vitro fertilization is they don't have a competent uterus.
2. Weight loss and metformin helps reduce overall symptoms and progression to diabetes.
3. Birth control pills help regulate menstrual cycles, excessive hair and facial acne and beard growth.

I hope this answers your question. Good luck.