Could I get cholesterol in young age ?

Hi, guy do u think in age 25- 30 could get cholesterol ?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
Every one has cholesterol,there is no age factor.

I m 22 and my cholesterol level is 242. Any other young people out there with the same problem? I got a call today from my doctor about my lab results. It seems that I have high cholesterol levels. I m only 22 and I was curious if anyone else was diagnosed at a young age and/or what I can do about it. I know lifestyle changes are in order, but I d like to know if anyone has specifics that worked well for them.

female,aged 30, very high cholesterol level 11,5, inherited from father who died at age 45 of heart disease. Various medication for last 8 years, currently using Simvastatin 40mg for last 2 months but gaining weight, experiencing excessive hot flashes and muscle and joint pains. I have also suffered from migraines since my teenage years. My daughter aged 13 has the same hereditory cholesterol and last blood test results showed her levels to be 9,6. Could you possibly recommend a different cure for both me and my daughter.

I am 23 years old male. 4 months back i got tested for cholesterol and my levels were: TGL: 210, LDL: 82 and HDL: 47, during that time i was having a poor lifestyle. My weight was 82Kgs (height 174 cm) with no exercise and poor diet with lots of junk and occasional chicken intake (about once in 10days). Although we have a tendency of borderline cholesterol in our family, it only occurs after the age of 60. Now 4 months later, my levels are TGL: 106, LDL: 89 and HDL: 49 with my weight: 69Kgs. I have not made any drastic changes in my lifestyle or food, just added 40mins exercise (running/jogging). I have not tried any weight loss programs, just substituted 1 meal each day by salads and giving up non-veg food completely. Now I am concerned if this could just be a temporary thing or is it now so that i have a tendency and my levels can shoot up anytime? Is this anything to do with the family tendency, or can this be explained by lifestyle issues? Can this happen without a family tendency as well? I am worried because my insurance company and doctor got me alarmed.

Recent questions on  Hypercholesterolemia

I am 43, 5'5", 180 and have high blood pressure, high cholesterol ( which is all under control now). I have celiac sprue diease, lymphaedema in both legs and constanstally have problems with rapid heart beats even in the resting stage. I have quite abit of chest pains and do not know what is going on. Any advice on what I should do?

i have dark nuckles, toes, knees and elbows. having done a bit of research i think its acanthosis. however having looked at the causes of acanthosis i.e obesity, high cholesterol, etc - i dont have any of them. i ve always had darkness around my nuckles, toes, etc. I would like to know if there is a cosmetic procedure which would fix it. Thank you i dont have any medical problems, i m 22.

two months ago I did two hydrocolonics in one week. after each colonic there was gel like substances with red squiggly lines coming out and minimal blood on the toilet paper. Ever since that I have been having a problem with food feeling like it gets stuck in the middle of my chest, burping a lot and a pain in my left back shoulder blade that radiates down my arm and up to my ear. It seems like when I eat fruits and vegetables I am fine with things not getting stuck in the middle of my chest but, protein and fats may be what causes the problem. My last cbc blood work showed my WBC count is 3.8 normal range between {4.0-12.0} K/UL my NEUTROPHIL count is 36.0 normal range between {41.0-71.0} % and my LYMOPHOCYTE count is 46.9 normal rainge is {24.0-44.0}%. I have been having these types of numbers for over nine years and my doctor doesn think anything about it. after researching on line I am questioning whether I could have the hpylori infection and a peptic ulcer. I ate some fruit about a year ago that my husband brought home from a market and got a pain so bad on my right lower abdomen that I could barely walk. I went and did a hydrocolonic and was able to get through it. I also have low vitamin d- 32 reference range: 30-100 unit ng/ml I also have high cholesterol 221 {140-200)mg/dl triglycerides 33 {30-150}mg/dl HDL 87{35-65}mg/dl chol/hdl ratio 2.54 {2.00-4.50}ratio VLDL 7 {6-30} mg/dl LDL 127 {70-130}mg/dl I am 46 years old and weigh 118lbs I am 5 2 . I jog and go to the gym at least 4 times a week.. I eat very healthy.. tons of fruits and vegetables and fish and chicken.. not much sugar or breads or pastries... on weekends we do drink beer and eat somewhat off but still not too bad... I am into natural remedies. Do you have any ideas what could be going on?

My father-in-law has taken for several years Welchol Tab 625mg - 3, 2x per day to reduce high cholesterol. His new doctor just prescribed a new drug, Lovastatin Tab 20 mg 1 x per day and discontinue Welchol. The doctor said his cholesterol was too high. My question, is this a good move? Statin drugs scare me... and I was not at the appointment when this change was made. He can t hear well and gets confused easily so didn t even realize he was changing meds. My father in law in 87 years old. Any comments?

I have severe headaches on almost a daily basis. An MRI revealed findings: chronic vessel ischemic changes; mild global volume loss and paranasal sinuses and mastoid air cells appear pneumatized. Question: Does first two items indicate future...

my husband who is 45 recently began having difficulty keeping an erection. He said the feeling is there but he can't and it is very frustrating to him. I have noticed that the odor in his semen has changed. It leaves a fishy odor.

My wife is taking xeralto, and has hypertension leyden 5 deficiency, hypercholesterolemia ,high triglycerides, Previous bilat PE, following dvt. Any benefit or contraindication to fish oil tabs? YYYY@YYYY