Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Could I be pregnant and be suffering from the hook effect ?

could I be pregnant And be suffering from the hook effect I had unprotected sex when I was ovulating, A couple of dats later I instanty felt pregnant and was adimant I was, I then started 2haave the symtoms of a urinary tract infection. My period due date came but no sign of my period so I took a hpt which came up with a faint positive resul and confirmed what I already knew! I was pregnant!!! The next day I brought a digital test jus to confirm and that also came up positive. However 6days passed and i then woke up in te morning with a light bleed this continued with slight cramps so I went to A&E there they took a urine test and a blood test which both came up negative ? I continued to bleed lightly nothing like my normal period 4four days. I am still getting pregnancy symptoms and they are even gettinworse!!!! I.e extreme fatigue, nausea , discharge and skin outbreaks! I ve been pregant 3times befor and have three children! In my gut I feel as though I am pregnant!! Is this a possibility ?
Asked On : Sun, 22 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  189
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
  User's Response
hi welcome to health care magic.possibility of pregnancy is less because you get light periods but you should rule out your doubt by sonography.
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Since you had 2 positive test for pregnancy and one was negative the situation is trick .Since you are bleeding it can be menses and also it can be a abortion which is more probable in your case as per your history.I would advise you to get an ultrasound of pelvis to see if you are pregnant and have aborted and a repeat Beta HcG test to confirm pregnancy.Also please it is high time you consult a Gynaecologist for opinion and the necessary treatment.
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor