Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Coughing, breathlessness, vomiting. Done bloodwork. Cause?

Hi I am 21, F, and I have been coughing for over a month now, and it has gotten severe over time- now coughing leads to breathlessness and vomiting . I had some blood works done and E.S.R is at 32mm/1 Hr. The doctor I consulted did not diagnose me with anything. I don t know the cause and I don t know what to do next. Help!
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response
It could be Cough variant of asthma.
You should meet Chest physician/pulmonologist for complete examination and diagnosis.
Till then ,you take antibiotic like Clarithromycin,Cough syrup and Deriphylline.
You need an Inhaler too.
If you come back with your consultation,i will clarify further.
Wish you speedy recovery
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Critical Care Specialist Dr. Arshad Hussain's  Response
Well come to health care magic
Dear patient, a cough of more than 4 weeks duration can be due to tuberclosis, post infectious cough, post nasal drip, ear wax, asthama, eosinophilic bronchitis, gastroesophageal reflus disease, neoplasms, sarcoidosis, persistant exposure to pollutants, perfumes,or smoke, drugs like ACE inhibitors, or psychogenic. in veiw of such range of diverse causes you need full evalvation by a pulmonogist,ENT doctor ang gastroenterologist to find out the cause of your cough and the treatement of the cause will help you
wish you speedy recovery
Dr Arshad
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that you are having chronic bronchitis.
Your ESR is a bit high.
Go for Eosiophilic count, which again gives this type of picture.
Go for X-ray chest to know any problem in the lungs.
After report go for treatment accordingly.
Do deep breathing exercise.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Nashra,
i feel you have asthma and acid reflux too. You should go for a lung function test and meet a pulmonologist for the same..Asthma if diagnosed early, can be treated with the right medications.Hope that helps your concern.

Dr Indu Bubna
Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor