Cough with black phlegm. What are the possible causes ?

hi i would like to ask my husband has a cough and every time he split it out theres a plegm with color black and yesterday he split it up a plegm with black and a small blood what can yu suggest of a medicine and what do you think my husbands sick hi i would like to ask something i worried about my husband he has a plegm and every time he split it out there is a color black plegm and yesterday he split it out with a small blood .. what are the causes of his sick ANd what kind of sick that my husband had thank you
Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Hi
Your husbands cough could be because of various reasons. It could also be a severe chest infection. Does he have any previous history of chest infection. if he is a smoker or he it could be related to occupation if at his workstation he inhales any harmful gases. I suggest you see a physician soon and get him evalated.