Cough variant asthma, using ventolin and beclate inhaler, not cured. How to ease the cough?

Hello, my son is four and has recently been diagnosed as having cough variant asthma . Would he grow out of this? Also, he has the cough real bad right now, and the doctor has increased his inhalers Ventolin (50mg) to 4puffs at morning, then 2 at lunch, 2 evening and 4 at night. Also, the Beclate is 3 in morning and 3 in evening. THis has not eased the cough much. Is there anything else I can do besides this to ease the cough?
Tue, 5 Jun 2012