Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Cough, right side chest pain. Taking anti-TB drug. X-ray shows patchy opacity in lung. Which hospital is best?

Dear Sir, I am from Bangladesh & my father in law is suffering from cough & rt sided chest pain for 01 month. he is getting anti-TB drug for last 05 days. X-ray - Patchy opacity in rt lung, MT test- negative, sputum for AFB negative, CT Scan- Soft tissue growth in upper lobe of rt lung. He is not interested to perform CT guided FNAC & Bronchoscopy in Bangladesh. Pls guide me which hospital will be best for his diagnosis & treatment in India. Pls mention the name of the Specialist, if possible. Regards. Md. Nageeb Mehdi.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello Nr Nageeb Mehdi

Thanks for posting your query on HCM

The investigations that you have mentioned are:

Chief complaint: Cough and right sided chest pain

Mantaux test: Negative

Sputum for AFB: Negative

CT chest: Soft tissue growth in upper lobe in upper lobe

On the basis of this investigation, tuberculosis is less likely. Infact CT shows a soft tissue growth in upper lobe of right lung. This is most likely pathology and not tuberculosis.

Ultrasound guided FNAC/ biopsy is indicated for exact diagnosis.

If you want to get the investigations in India, then you can visit the nearest city ie Kolkatta but you can go almost any other city Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmefabad, Lucknow etc as this facility is available in all apex hospitals all over the country.

Where you want to go is per your convinience.

However, the mass appears appears to be a growth so I advise you to move to cancer hospital like Tata memorial centre where all your requirements will be met under one roof. Tata memorial Center is in Kolkatta and Mumbai.

Thanks and take care

Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Wed, 14 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor