Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Cough, asthma, deriphyllin r 150 mg. Alternative for deriphyllin r 150 mg?

Heloo Doctor, My mom has come from India to UK wid me. her Family doctor suggested her medicine called deriphyllin RET 150 for her cough and ashthma( she doesnt have proper asthma , not a asthma patient ).. But due to cool tempreture here she is suffered wid cough and bit breathing problem lik asthma, now since she has limited quantity medicines , can you please suggest which medicines are alternative for this deriphyllin RET 150 which i can buy in UK..
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  942
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Your mother must be having mild asthma or hypereactive airways which may have got aggravated in the cold weather. Inhaler medicines are the mainstay of treatment of asthma and she should take inhalers which have combination of long acting beta agonists like salmetrol/formetrol and a long acting steroid like fluticasone/budecort. Beside this, she can take a antileukotrein like monteleukast at night. If symptoms are still not controlled, she may take doxyphyllin 400 mgm twice a day instead of deriphyllin. Take precautions against cold and avoid allergens as much as possible.
Answered: Fri, 1 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor