Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Cotton bud stuck inside ears since childhood, itchiness inside ears. Can it be removed now?

Hello Sir, I stuck some Cotton inside My Ear years back during My Childhood about 15-17 Years ago... I never told anyone since I was feared of My Parents scolding at Me... It never troubled Me, but today I feel some Itchiness inside My Ears... Can that Cotton Bud be Removed now...? If Yes, then can You Please tell Me HOW TO REMOVE THAT COTTON FROM MY EAR...?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  461
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Prem,
Thanks for writing in.
I dont think that the cotton would be in place now. However, this can be confirmed only by an ENT exam using a otoscope. The ear has a self cleaning mechanism. The itchiness seems to be related to an infection which may or may not be related to the cotton.
If the cotton is still in place it can be removed with a forceps by a ENT surgeon. I would suggest you dont try and do it yourself. You may end up injuring your ear drum
Answered: Tue, 26 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor