Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Cosmetic surgery suggested for yellow skin above eyelid. Surgery for droopy eyelids can be done together?

I have been told to see an Ophthalmologist with regard to the yellowing of skin just above my eyelid (not on the lid itself) under my eyebrow in each corner of my eyes. I have had this yellowing for a number of years now. I am in my early fifties, have been checked for high cholesterol . It has gone up and down over the years but not alarmingly high. Was not put on a low fat diet. I am a smoker. I ve been told it could be Xanthoma (?) and the only way to be rid of it is by having cosmetic surgery. I will be seeing an eye specialist to have surgery on my eyelids as they have become droopy and one side is beginning to affect how I see through that eye. Is it possible that something can be done about the yellowing at the same time as the other procedure is done?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi, your problem is due to high cholesterol in your are suffering from Xantholesma & cometic surgery is the only answer But remember recurrence is ver.y common if cholesterol is not controlled. Go for surgery after getting cholesterol controlled.
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor