Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Copper IUD fell off. Spotting and cramps after period. How soon to see doctor?

Hi, my copper iud just fell off , I ve had it for 6 months , my periods were regular and not heavy, at the end of my period yesterday i started spotting red bloud all over again and today i felt something poking it was the tip of the iud so i pulled it out, I have light red spotting and mild cramps , how soon should i see my doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
kindly immediately consult a gynaecologist to avoid any reminants of the IUD in the uterus that can cause infections and severe pain and bleeding.

An ultrasonography may be required depending on clinical examination.

Answered: Tue, 12 May 2015
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor