Contusion, feels light headed, dizziness and vertigo

Back in 2006 I suffered from a contusion, it knocked me out and left me very light headed. I went to get an MRI and doctor said everything was okay. I suffered from bad balance for weeks (vertigo?) it took months to fully recover. After that every once in a while I feel vertigo and dizzy spells. However, for the past month or so Ive had Vertigo and I feel it everytime I tilt my head to the left side or lay on that side while in bed. Is this still symptoms from the Contusion? will it ever go away?
Tue, 29 May 2012

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

I think the virtigo you have is not related to the head injury you had in 2006.Such long term virtigo is seen in conditions with defects in Vestibular apparatus in the inner ear.

I suggest you to get examined by a ENT specialist who can find out the exact cause and proceed with management.

Wish you good health.