Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Contraction like cramps in pregnancy. Have grade 3 placenta. Baby having minimal growth. Need to go to emergency?

I am 34wks2days pregnant and have been have contraction-like symptoms since about 9pm this evening (it is now 1:40 am). It has felt like extreme gas pain accompanied by the inability to catch my breath, walk and even sit in an upright position. I have a grade 3 placenta and my doctor is keeping a close watch on the baby because he is showing minimal growth or IGR. Should I go on to the ER just to be checked? I have also experienced some diarrhea with this as well.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
I appreciate your query.
The symptoms that you mention could be early preterm labour pains.
In any case, you should definitely go to the ER for a check up, because you cannot ignore it, if they are really preterm labour pains.
True preterm labour pains are intermittent, not relieved by analgesics, radiate from back to front, associated with hardening of the uterus, and accompanied by some vaginal discharge.
Since you are having IUGR also alongside, please visit your ER and be reassured.
Mild gastroenteritis also might present in this way, but the only way to rule it out is to have an internal check up.
All the best.
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor