Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Continuously watering eyes, no irritation, blocked tear ducts, no improvement with injection and drops. Treatment alternative?

My mother 78yrs - continuous falling of water from both eyes. No irritation . Started 2 months back and water fall has gradually increased. Doctor injected on eyes saying passage of this fluid in both eyes have got choked. he has prescribed eye drops and asked to report in 15 days. After 7 days of injection and application of drops, the status is still same. Please suggest any alternative. Or is the diagnosis correct. The doctor also says, if the ailment does not subside, some minor operation may also be deeded.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  130
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to H.C.M.Forum, it is due to obstruction of naso lacrimal duct from eyes to the nose. if it is due to infection it is cleared with antibiotics and drops. if chronic infection minor procedure of passing a probe[thin wire] from eye to the nose. some times can be due to folds of the tissues in the way of the duct can cause obstruction, in this case it is not possible to get relief. you consult an eye specialist to have exact diagnosis and treatment . thank you.
Answered: Mon, 19 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor