Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Continuous yellow discharge with blood traces from the ear, no improvement with medicines, had ruptured ear. Is it safe to travel by road under such condition?

dear sir i have a ruptured ear (left) since last 8 years,since last one month i was going to swimming ,my ear has started discharge (first clean water then yellowish then little bloody discharge i am taking medicine since last 5 days but discharge is not stopped fully,i have to go to Leh by road from chandigarh after two days,can i go?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

You can certainly go to Leh. There is no contraindication. However, continue taking your medicines and get the ear check-up done as suggested by your doctor.

Before you start your swimming it is better to consult your ENT specialist for guidance. He may advise you to use ear plugs to prevent water from entering.

Wishing you the best.

Answered: Fri, 1 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor