Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Continuous, throbbing pain in the jaw, tried antibiotics, pain killers, no relief. Suggestiom?

Dear Doc, I have been having continuous pain, sometimes throbbing, in my right side jaw , cheek .. My dentist has diagonised as one of the sensitive teeth causing this problem. Amoxycilin sepearately and now with combination of Pottassium clavulanate has been tried. Pain killers such as Ibuorofane with Paracetamol, Imol plus, Paracetamol of higher dosage (625) and now Proxivon are being tried. No relief. Dentist tried for Root canal, but since the anestheic injection alsois not effective, he abandoned the root canal drilling just after starting. Kindly help me.
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM forum,
according to the history of pain presented by you it seems to be a carious tooth with peri - apical such cases, root canal treatment is the only solution. i would suggest you visit a specialist,i.e an endodontist, who will perform a RCT for your tooth and treat it .
this will resolve the infection and relieve you from all the symptoms.
amoxicillin+ clavulinic might not be sufficient for the present infection therefore you dentist will prescribe a broad spectrum antibiotics,
do not consume hot food as this might spread the infection,
kindly believe in your doctor ,and you will surely have a painless tooth.
i wish you good health.
Answered: Wed, 20 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Amit Sharma's  Response
hello, the pain is due to acute pulpitis of tooth.. in this the pressure within tooth rises because of inflammation and results in severe pain.. the problem can be relieved by Root Canal Procedure.. as your dentist suggested.. I will appreciate his concern of your pain and abandoned drilling.. still i will advise you to go for the RCT but under conscious sedation which helps out in cases offailure of local anaesthesia and over-anxiety cases.. once the emergency Root canal opening is done u will get relieve immediately and the pulp can be mummified by devitalizing agent.. he just need to perforate the pulp for it.. Try to coperate with him.. or consult an endodontist for same.. ur pain will be relieved completely without much antibiotics and analgesics once tooth is opened and cleaned..
avoid hot fomentation as it can spread the infection to soft tissues.. use antiseptic mouthwashes and maintain your oral hygeine.. take care
Answered: Tue, 26 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor