Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Continuous tail bone pain, had rectal bleeding post bowel movement, X-rays done. Emergency?

Hi. I m 19, and for the past month have been having tailbone pain. I went to a specialist on Thursday who confirmed that it was not a pilonidal cyst and that my tailbone was crooked. His examination was very thorough and painful, and I have been in a lot of pain since. I had x-rays taken of my lower back and tailbone yesterday. Today, however, I have been in more pain and discomfort than usual, and after having a regular bowel movement , I had a considerable amount of rectal bleeding . Should I seek emergency treatment?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  461
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
There are two different issues - they are not related.
1- The tail-bone (Coccyx) or its junction with sacrum (lower spine above that) are sometimes subject to inflammation and pain. If the pain relievers are not helpful, a good orthopaedic doctor is the one to you must see - they have other alternatives like local infiltration and so on.
2- Rectal bleeding should be seen by a surgeon - Haemorrhoids (piles) and fissure are the common causes - occasionally polyps and many others. It has to be seen/ examined by a qualified person, to confirm what it is / and rule out nothing otherwise.
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 10 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor