Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Continuous sticky drainage from inside bottom of the nose forming a sore crust, no odor, similar leaking on the site of ear piercing. Sign of cancer?

HI, for about a year now, I have this sticky drainage inside my nose that has formed almost a grove where it continuously drains. Its not a runny nose, its like a leakage/drainage for the inside bottom of nose. It forms a crust and then is sore when I clean it. It started with my left nostril and is now in both. There is no odor. its a very pale orange color. Also the same time this started, the holes in my earlobes where my ears are pierces started also leaking this same sticky substance. Its strange. Hoping it isn t a sign of cancer or something. Hard to get into to a ENT specialist . Thank you for your time, Lisa
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query,

You might have developed an eczema which has got infected.

Treatment can be with oral antibacterials as well as with topical antibacterials like mupirocine..

Also take an antihistamine tablet.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you

Answered: Tue, 17 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor