Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Continuous pus discharge through ear with blood, no pain. What can be done to fix this?

i have been haveing pus comeing out of my ear since june, ive felt pressure and can t hear at all from it and now it has blood as well there hasnt been hardly any pain but im guessing that would be something i can tolerat pretty well because ive had ear problems all my life id go to a dr. but i can t afford to. is there anything i can do by myself to fix this?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon. On the basis of information provided it appears that you have perforation of drum and you are suffering from chronic suppurative otitis media. Common symptoms are off and on ear discharge and gradually progressive hearing loss. It is of two types - safe and unsafe. Blood stained discharge is not a good sign and is usually associated with unsafe type of disease where bone erosion is common

I would advise you for ENT consultation. It is not appropriate to advise medicines as I do not have any idea about the type of disease you are suffering (safe or unsafe)

Treatment involves medical treatment (to make the ear dry) and surgery

I hope this answers your concerns. Feel free to contact me if you want further information about it
With regards
Ravinder Sharma
Professor ENT & Head and Neck Surgery
Answered: Wed, 3 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor