Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Continuous hand pain radiating to arms post fracture, taking lortab. What else can be done?

Hi my name is Loretta Giovanini. I m 47 years old. I m 5 2 and weight is 120. I broke 2 bones in half in my right hand that now has 20 screws and plates. My profession is a baber so I use scissors and clippers all day. I take 3 lortabs a day which is not enough. My hand aches and the pain is traveling into my arm . I don t know what else to do for the pain
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It can be reflex sympathetic dystrophy. I would suggest you to show it to orthopedic surgeon. It may need physiotherapy in form of wax bath and amytryptalin tablet. It may also need calcium and vitamin d 3.
Answered: Fri, 9 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor