Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Continuous dry cough, CSR blood test showed elevated eosinophils count. What treatment is advisable?

Hi I am having dry cough from last 3 to 4 months, now Doctor suggest me CSR Blood Test and reports shows increase in Eosinophils count in Blood. it is 8% of Blood. Now I am having Aurvedic treatment for this. What would you suggest for this ? Will I have to do some more test ? like Chest or any other ? Thanks in Advance for your Advice.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
eosinophils show there are allergies as allergy is only diagnosed by high eosinophil count
you can go for xray chest to rule any superadded infection
in my opinion use montelucast 10 mg bd
add bronchodilator cough syp to clear mucus
add antiallergic cough syp to reduce mucus formation in tract
use 2-3 wk
for permanent cure get allergy tests and sublingual immunotherapy for be sure in future
Answered: Sat, 12 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor