Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Continuous bleeding with clots, dizziness, weakness. Ultrasound post medical termination of pregnancy showed small RPOC. Taken ciprofloxacin and ornidazole. When can I expect normalcy?

hi, i had sex on 11th day of my mense i.e. 6th may & my normal mense date is 25 th may. i had not mense on particular date and i went to pregnacy test it was found as possitive, I went to dr and he had prescribed mifeprstol 200 mg on 29.05.12 night and took misoprstl on 31.05.12 night 600mg orally. I had sever cramp on that night and i had bleed up to 13 day after misoprstl administration then i had stopped bleeding and again started with small and large spotts from 17 th day onward. I went to Dr. had an T.V Sonogarphy & found Suggestive of small RPOC, he then rx with ciprofloxacin and ornidazole combination along with trypsin combination . Now i am still passing clots and today bleeding bit more i.e.23.06.12.I am feeling head spining and weak ...plz give some solution when i will get my normal life.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

From your query it is clear that you had retained products of conception (RPOC) following a trial of medical termination of pregnancy.

Bleeding and passing of clots are common with retained products of conception. The drugs prescribed to you are antibiotics to prevent pelvic infection, as RPOC have tendency to get infected. Bleeding is expected to continue as long as the small products still remain. And persistent bleeding can result in anemia which can explain dizziness and weakness.

So in this regards, my suggestion to you are
- Get your hemoglobin (hb) checked. Complete blood counts (blood test) will give your current hb levels and will also indicate if you have an infection going.
- Repeat the ultrasound test - transvaginal would be preferable.
If RPOC remain, then you need to go for dilatation and curettage evacuation of RPOC

I suggest you to get these tests done at the earliest through your gynecologist.

In the meantime, take plenty of fruits and iron rich diet such as meat, liver, millets, spinach, green leafy vegetable and other fruits.

Hope this helps.

With regards
Answered: Wed, 27 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor