Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Continuous bleeding, mildly bulky uterus, cystic lesion with septation, tubular structure in left adnexa, prescribed Tranexa MF. Advice?

i am neen,a from kerala, 46 years old,normally period is very regular,last 2 months periods were not regular,this month it was on 27th day but still continues after14th day.met a gyneacologist,she prescribed Tranexa MF.i have done ultra sound scanning,result: 1. Mild bulky uterus with subserosal fibroid 2.cystic lesion with septation and tubular structure in left adnexa -tuboovarian/left ovarion complex cystic lesion
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2016
Welcome to HCM.
You are 46 yr old and suffering from Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding for 14 days).
Your USG reveals bulky uterus with subserosal fibroid with left tubo-ovarian mass.
Best treatment is surgical as your age is 46 yrs & completed family.
Method is Hystrectomy or removal of uterus with both side ovary (TAH+BSO).
So consult with your doctor regarding operation.
Be well.
Answered: Sun, 30 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed's  Response
hello there..

The problem of heavy menses is due the fibroid you have though subserosal fibroid cause it to a lesser extent. The complex cystic adnexal mass you mentioned is worrisome especially if its more than 4cm as complex masses donot regress on their own. THe cyst can be due to infection or can be cancerous. The absolute diagnosis can be made only after histopathology (tissue study obtained after removal of cyst). Since you are 47yrs and must have completed family with history of excess bleeding, fibroid uterus, complex cyst of ovary, the best management for you should be surgery which includes removal of uterus and bilateral ovaries. But before going for this, a minor procedure called endometrial biospy along with estimation of CA125 is a must as depending on their results , your doctor would decide the extent of surgical procedure required in your case.

take care
Answered: Sun, 30 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor