Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Contact dermatitis, works in concrete company, blister rashes on face, forearms. Treatment?

I work for a concrete company and believe I have aquired contact dermatitis because of proling exposure to chromium in the concrete and the protective poxy coating in the smooth dowl bars. The irritation has formed a blister rash on my forarms and face? What are my treatment options and should I report to a an ER for further care? It is becoming increasingly painful
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Going by the nature of your job and description of lesions, these could be due to contact allergic dermatitis. Treatment would definitely involve avoidance of allergen, intake of oral steroids along with antiallergics like cetrizine and application of topical steroids. Yes you need to contact your doctor for further care and management.
Hope this helped.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 27 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor