Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Consultation with oncologist required. Having stage 4 metastatic cholangiocarcinoma with poor prognosis. Currently on pain killers

hi my father has a stage 4 metastatic cholangiocarcinoma . as of now he s in so much pain and morphine doesn t seem to work to relieve the pain. Its very hard to see him in so much pain. what else can we do? He s 74 yrs old and was diagnosed with the dx only 2 months ago. The Dr says he has a very poor prognosis and did not provide any treatment options except pain management. should we still consult an oncologist at this stage?
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Very sorry to learn about stage 4 cholangiocarcinoma but the fact of matter is that it is too late for any oncologist to do any thing.
Your father requires very good emotional care along with the pain management.
Take good care of him in his last days as the prognosis seems to be very bad.
Answered: Tue, 15 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor