Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Constipation, protrusion from anus. Internal hemorrhoids in colonoscopy. Help?

I am a healthy 58 year-old woman who had a protrusion from my anus when I had a somewhat hard bowel movement. There is no bleeding present when I go to the bathroom. When I had a colonscopy done in 2008, there were internal hemorrids. Some days having a bowel movement is easier than others. I am quite regular with no bouts of constipation or diarrhea. I don't have pain or bleeding at any time although there does appear to be some loose skin that hangs down around my bottom. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Anal protusion and anal lump sensation,possible diagnose is external hemorrhoids
(many people coexist internal and external hemorrhoids).
Hemorrhoids is not important pathology.The most common symptoms are anal pain,anal itching and bleeding.The symptoms appear as the size or the pressure of the hemorrhoid .You must know factors that increase the size or pressure of the hemorrhoid(constipation,weight gain or abdominal obesity,
alcohol excess,spicy foof)to prevent hemorrhoidal crisis.If appear hemorrhoidal crisis although you do preventive activities;there is treatment,initially conservative,that consiste of:diet with plenty of water, fruit(except apple and banana) and vegetables,anal local cold,anal cream(corticosteroids or anesthetics)laxatives,drugs for vein tone.If hemorrhoidal crisis are very frequent or not improvement with conservative treatment;surgery is indicated.
I wish you good health
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramakant's  Response
Dear customer,

It may be due to the haemorroids or the rectal prolapse and you should have the physical examination done by the surgeon or doctor to know the underlying etiology for that.

It is the possibility that the surgery is required in your case if the symptoms are severe enough to effect your day today activities.

thank you
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor