Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Constant weight loss, bubble like feeling on left side down to lower ribs. Are these age related ?

I am a 42 year old white male. Good health fairly active lifestyle but could lose 20-30 lbs. What started as sporadic in nature is pretty much consistent. Right after I eat I feel a bubble like feeling on my left side that goes down to my lower ribs. If I eat bread or heavy foods its more evident. Have no other problems or symptoms. Curious if this is a normal part of aging or might have pulled something years ago and never knew it. Did seem appear after a long plane ride across the country....Ideas ? Seems like a lot of queries like this but no concrete answers.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
i can tell you that it is not age related as you are not malnourished or bedridden to loose weight.And please make sure when you are eating any spicy foods whats your response .Age may be the risk factor for this problem but age is not the only reason for the change.Try to use antacids and feel you have any difference with that.You better go and consult a gastroenterologist for more detailed answer and they willdo some investigations to ruleout other causes.Thank you
Answered: Mon, 17 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor