Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Constant weight gain. Eating healthy and exercising. Undergone hysterectomy and on patch for hormones. How to reduce weight?

I had to have a small bowel restructure one year ago. I had a cyst that had crushed my intestines. I have done very well since but I have gained almost 40 pounds. I am watching what I am eating and excersizing regularly but still seem to be gaining. I had went through a hysterectomy in 2007 and have been on the patch for hormones -that is the only thing that i can think of that I have started in the last year. is there some thing else I can do?
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns and that you have had recent surgeries and have been healing from the same. The hormones could be contributing to the weight gain. There are two ways to lose weight:

1. Eat right - and healthy. Which might mean that you need to consult a nutritionist.
2. Exercise regularly - 4 times a week for 30-40 min per session and it should include both cardio and weights.

You may also want to see a psychiatrist to help with the anxiety about losing weight. I hope you get yourself on the track to recovery and a healthy weight as soon as you can. I hope this helped.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor