Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Constant ringing in left ear, plugged feeling post treatment for ear infection. Will this go away?

hi Doctor, Past 5 days I have been having this constant ringing in my left ear. This ear feels plugged and also when I try to swallow I can hear it pop. I went to the doctor 5 days ago and he said I have an ear infection and prescribed antibiotics . When this ringing started, my ear would hurt when I bend, but now that is fine. I only seem to have constant plugged feeling in my ear and the ringing is constant? Will this go away?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
I feel that you have ear infection.
Once the ear infection subsides then the ringing will go away.
Along with the antibiotics i usually prescribe decongestant nose drops like otrivin.
Otrivin helps to unclog the eustachain tube that connects your nose to your ear.
It improves the ventilation of the ear thereby resulting in faster recovery.
To use otrivin properly follow the instructions on the crimp.
10 minutes after putting the drops do steam inhalation for another 10 minutes.
Do this 3 times a day for 5 days.
Blow 2 balloons everyday.
Chew gum 2 times a day.
All these help to open the tube thereby improving ventilation of ear which in turn helps to control infection.
Regards, Dr Kishori.
Answered: Tue, 24 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor