Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Constant pain on big toes that turns to infection and subsides. Cause and home remedies?

I am a young teen and constantly get pain in either of my big toes. It turns to an infection and in a couple weeks, goes away. it stays away for a few weeks, then comes back in the other or the same toe. I have gym every day and am timed running track. It was very painful today, but i had to run. I have looked it up, and I think it is an ingrown toe nail. But it keeps coming back? What is it and what can I do for it at home? Please help.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

from your description it sounds like you have in grown toe nails. the only permanent cure for this condition is to have the side of your toes nail where is infection is removed so that it cannot grow back - this is called a wedge excision.

best wishes
Answered: Wed, 25 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor