Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Constant pain after having C-section

I have severe constant pain and discomfort 2 and a half years after my first and only c-section. The pain is worse and mass on the right side of my c-section scar gets larger during my period. I had an ultrasound done and there is a 2cmx2cm mass. I have been told something different by several doctors. That is due to the sutures, that it is just scar tissue or that it is endometriosis in the scar tissue? I am scheduled for a CAT scan later this week and have an appointment with yet another doctor following the test. My question is: Is this something that was caused by the doctor doing something wrong/making a mistake?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  291
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
You might be having a incisional hernia,that is a complication during surgeries due to the abdominal muscle wall being weak.This will require surgery.Get the CAT scan next week and then see what the surgeon has to say.
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor