Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Constant mood wings, happy and sad at times, excess negativity. How can I overcome this?

My husband id 41 years old and sometimes he happy then sad it s a up and down constantly he can be very negative at times and this kind of behavior is about to push me away and not be apart of this marriage anymore. I did hear from a family member that he had a plate placed in his back head area but he has never dicussed this matter with me at all.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your husband's symptoms could be indicative of a mood disorder. However he needs a detailed psychological assessment to make a definitive diagnosis. If he does have a psychiatric disorder, then there are effective treatment options available - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which will help him overcome your problems. I would advise both of you to see a psychiatrist or a counsellor to help sort out your marital problems.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist

Answered: Fri, 26 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor