Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Constant knee pain, swelling since partial knee replacement. Treatment suggestion?

Hi, I am 50 years old and had a partial knee replacement 1 year ago. I have had so many problems with it since. I had the surgery because of severe oseoarthritis. Since the surgery the knee has dislocated so many times the first time two weeks after surgery. My knee constantly gives way and it is so swollen, so much worse than before. I saw my consultant a few weeks ago and he said that he is going to refer me to a pain clinic. I am on the same amount of medication as before the surgery and walk with a stick.
Please can you help or advise????
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

I personally think that physiotherapy is not going to help you because it will not address the underlying cause (recurrent dislocations).

I am of the opinion that the only solution to your problem will be TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT.

But before hand, you need a thorough evaluation to know the cause for recurrent dislocations.

I suggest you to consult an orthopedic surgeon who has good experience in dealing revision knee replacement surgeries.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Wed, 24 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor