Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Constant knee pain, pain on twisting the leg, comfort on keeping it straight, have a dark spot on the top part of the push-pin. How can I relieve pain?

I have knee pain and I have to constantly keep my right leg straight. It hurts on the left side of my right knee and if I twist it a certain way, the pain is excruciating. I tried stretching it and I felt a little pain on the back of my thigh. My mom is a nurse but she doesn t really help much. She just tells me to put ice on it and doesn t even look at it or take me to a real doctor. My knee isn t swelling but, I don t know if it s a birthmark or not, there s a small, dark brown spot, about the size of the top part of a push-pin. This has been going on for about six days and I m only thirteen turning fourteen in two months. I almost forgot, I m running the mile in a few days and tomorrow we have to be running on the track. I had to run on Monday because I didn t have a doctor s note and I had to limp-run.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
it could be that you have a tear in the meniscus which is the shock absorber in your knee. you should have it examined and may need an MRI scan to check it out. a doctor would need to see the dark spot and assess it to tell you exactly what it is.
Answered: Mon, 24 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor