Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Constant hunger, overweight, stomach bloating. Food sensitivity or metabolism?

Hi, I have a 9 year old boy, he is constantly hungry, he is overweight (he s 4 4 and about 110lbs), often gassy and gets quite bloated if he hasn t had a bm. He is quite regular and I feed him healthy foods (of course he isn t deprived totally of junk food but it is limited). He would rather be inactive but I make sure he does spend all his time sitting around (Karate, biking, trampoline, swimming, playing out in general). I was wondering if he may have a food sensitivity (like dairy or gluten ) or if it s just his metabolism???? Any thoughts????
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Ya, it may be a metabolic disorders, you should do a screening for gluten sensitive anti endomysial.snti gliafin, anti transglutaminase antibody.also do a D- Xylose test for him.
Answered: Thu, 5 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor