Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Constant ear clicking. Any help?

I have been suffering from a constant ear clicking in my right ear only. My primary physician told me it is EDT. I would like to know how long this will last. Is there anything to help the clicking go away. I started with this problem about two months ago. It would come and go. Now it is constant for the past week.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dentist 's  Response
Hello ,

Thanks for posting your query.

The clicking in ear can be due to dislocation of Temporomandibular joint.

The dislocation can be felt using palpation with fingers on the affected area.
I would suggest you to avoid wide mouth opening.
Any fracture/infection can be ruled out through x-ray of the affected area.
pLEASE do visit an oral surgeon and get jaw fixation treatments depending on the severity of the condition.
COmplete course of antibiotics has to be administered.
also cosult with an ENT specialist to check any ear infection is associated.
take care.
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor