Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Constant discomfort and pressure in the spinal area. Had spinal tap before a decade. What could be the cause and remedy?

I had a spinal tap 20 years ago. one side effect back then was discomfort and pressure in the area on the spine, fading away over time, but has come back every now and then over the years. Mostly gone for many years. Recently it has been bothering me now and then. Now has been constance for a couple weeks. Very bothersome, question is what is the problem and why, can i get relief? thank you
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
HI, Welcome to HCM
Spinal tap 20 years back is not going to cause any problem after such a long duration, so no need to worry.
Your problem looks like a postural and as you rest it gets relieved. Modify your lifestyle.
In worst case if you want to completely satisfied MRI spine with myelography is better option, If you have insurance you can go for that, otherwise dont worry.
Thanking you.
Answered: Mon, 17 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor